Below are a selection of my favorite quotes, in no particular order. Some are inspirational and some just funny!
- “This guy’s walking down the street when he falls in a hole. The walls are so steep he can’t get out.
- A doctor passes by and the guy shouts up, ‘Hey you. Can you help me out?’ The doctor writes a prescription, throws it down in the hole and moves on.
- Then a priest comes along and the guy shouts up, ‘Father, I’m down in this hole can you help me out?’ The priest writes out a prayer, throws it down in the hole and moves on
- Then a friend walks by, ‘Hey, Joe, it’s me can you help me out?’ And the friend jumps in the hole.
- Our guy says, ‘Are you stupid? Now we’re both down here.’ The friend says, ‘Yeah, but I’ve been down here before and I know the way out.'”
- — Leo McGarry tells Josh Lyman the above story in the West Wing series, Episode 32, Noel.